The Aging In Place Council seeks to educate the community about local services supporting vitality and choice in the second half of life and to provide a forum for discussion and collaboration about the issues surrounding aging in place.
Oct 18th AGENDA
9:00 – 10:30 AM
Introduction of Members and Guests
Educational Discussion: Shenandoah County Public Transportation Feasibility Discussion
Background and preparation: The Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission (NSVRC), together with the Shenandoah County Chamber of Commerce, Shenandoah County Government, and several towns within the County, are studying the feasibility of implementing a new public transportation service for Shenandoah County residents.
KFH Group, the transportation planning firm, will be with us to discuss the work plans and get your input as an important stakeholder.
The month of October has been targeted for the completion of the community surveys, employer surveys, and stakeholder input. A community survey is available at the following link:
English Version: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FQKJN5H
Encuesta en Español: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5FDR28P
Topics of discussion will include:
- Is the lack of public transportation options a barrier for Shenandoah County residents to access jobs, appointments, shopping, and other life activities?
· If yes, what do you think the primary focus for a new public transportation service should be?
· What type of transit services would be the most useful?
· Which of the following corridors are the most important to consider for public transportation service:
_____ U.S. Route 11 between New Market and Strasburg, serving Mount Jackson, Edinburg, Woodstock, Maurertown, Toms Brook, and Strasburg
_____ VA 263 between Mount Jackson and Bryce
_____ VA 42 between Woodstock and Basye
_____ Route 55 / US 48 in Northern Shenandoah County
- What days of the week and times of the day are most critical for the provision of public transportation services?
- Could your agency provide any financial assistance for the implementation of a public transportation in the County?
- What fare do you think people could pay?
- What are the most important considerations for the implementation of public transportation in the County?
Announcements of events from members and guests
Member Spotlight: Lance Courtright, CLU CHFC
Chair: Patty Fadeley, Blue Ridge Hospice. firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Coordinator: Rebekah Schennum, SVLM, email@example.com
Spotlight Coordinator: Randy Atkins, Hawksbill Assisted Living, firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach: Lee Croteau, F&M Mortgage, email@example.com
Chamber Liaison: Sharon Baroncelli, Director@ShenandoahCountyChamber.com
Next Meeting: November 15th, 9-10:30am Location: SMH